I am researching the writing of a "simple" music notation program which
will permit simple actions such as

   - Display
   - Transposition
   - Annotation
   - etc

My first hurdle is how to display the music.

The majority of desktop apps use music fonts, which makes zooming and
resizing quite "simple". However, it would appear that I would need to be
able to access the individual glyphs to do this - which is not possible in
android as far as I understand.

Should I stick with a music font and try to find a way to get the
information needed ?

Should I abandon this and be looking at using svg files or transparent PNGs
?

Can anyone advise here, please ?