Hi,

You can forward them to the next activity using
Activity.onRetainNonConfigurationInstance(). You can also keep static
references to the drawables if you remove their callbacks in
onDestroy(). You can look at Home's source code for an example of the
latter or at the source code of Photostream
(code.google.com/p/apps-for-android) for an example of the former.

--
Romain Guy
Android framework engineer

to provide private support.  All such questions should be posted on