The error may be caused by something else entirely.

The other day I learned that lint in it over-eagerness gave me bad advice.
It told me to put drawables into resolution folders like drawable-mdpi but
it neglected to mention that this breaks the app on 1.5 devices. I had to
move the drawables back to the default folder.