I am running my service on a Galaxy Note device. When I switch off the
screen, and after a while (2 mins) switch it on and go to :: Settings ->
Applications -> Running Services::

then I see that there are lots of services that have the "Restarting" tag.
For my service, it restarts after a very long time. And sometimes it
doesn't restart even after 5 minutes. I have the "restarting" tag
continuously.

Is there any way I can restart my service as soon as the screen is switched
on.

BTW, I have registered for Screen-on intent.

If I launch my activity, which in turn starts my service, I immediately see
that the service has started.

How do I sort this out?