Hi,

Depends on the device, Galaxy Nexus can do two in just under a second,
also new Galaxy S3 is said to support this as well.

Other option is to capture camera preview frames which can be done
between 10 to 15 images per second.

Also try reducing the photo capture size, this helps reduce time
between successive photos.

Regards