Interesting question. I would think no, at least to directly, because
as a "Linux service" (process), your process is running outside of
Android's Activity management, so sending/receiving Intents to trigger
activities such as launching an Android app wouldn't work.

One approach would be to try to integrate the Intent library functions
into your process and attach the process to the Android layer somehow;
not that I knew of though. Extracting this kind of stuff from the
Android framework would be expected to be messy to say the least.

So you'll fall back to building something yourself. Create an Android
Service that acts as a server to your Linux process and use the Socket
library for IPC. I've used that approach to send data from a process
back to an Android Activity; worked well. In your scenario, the Linux
process writes to the socket which releases the Android service to
send out an Intent to launch the app in question. Only problem that I
see from far is that Android doesn't "like" long running services,
with Google pontificating how these weren't needed in the first place
(not). I'd give it a shot though, trying out a "sticky" service that
keeps hanging around, justifiably so, as your Android Service wouldn't
be expected to consume much in the way of resources.