Do you have ICS 4.0.4 as there were some camera performance updates in
there.

Its the nature of the industry to be secretive with upcoming updates,
nobody will jump ship because the competition are the same or worse.
Also bear in mind a team of 30 or a 100 developers cannot respond to
millions of customers little nags. Finally your complaint is about 1
app being slow on a specific phone using a specific app it could be
the phone or app development teams with the issue or the OS on that
specific phone or app and not the OS as a whole.

I hope this issue gets fixed for you though.