I think you should divide your project in two separate steps:
- storage management: I think you're thinking about db storing to protect
your document.
- pdf rendering

For the first step, I think you won't be able to put your file from db to
ram and past it to the second step: third part library are able to read and
write pdf file from filesystem, not from a memory array.

Second step: you need to check and choose a third part library. There are
some available: MuPDF, PDFTron, PDFViewer from Radae.
Actually we are adopting the third option from androidpdf.mobi.