Stanley.lei wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I met a very strange issue when I tested my application on G1 phone.
>
> As usual method, I started a thread in an activity, and stopped the
> thread in the onDestroy method. But to my surprise, when I tried to
> slide down the keypad, the onDestroy method was called and the thread
> was stopped, and more surprising thing was that the activity was still
> alive and visible.
>
> From the activity's life cycle diagram,
> http://code.google.com/android/reference/android/app/Activity.html, we
> can see that onDestroy is called only before the activity is shut
> down.

Correct.

> But my activity is still active and visible!!!

A new instance of your activity was created.

> Who could tell me what the hidden story is?

By default, when you slide the G1 keyboard open/closed, your activity is
destroyed and recreated.

I have a series of blog posts that cover this topic:

http://androidguys.com/?s=rotational+forces

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com