Hi,
I am investigating how applications like Norton Safe Monitor attach them
self to the browser on android.  How does software like this intercept the
url request form the browser. I dont think ther create a proxy. Neither are
they getting site details from the logs.
Any suggestions?

This is what i see from the logs of "Norton Safe Monitor".

D/WebProtectionService( 6841): browserUrlChanged: http://mobile.xxxx.com/
D/WebProtection.UrlList( 6841): Exist => mobile.xxxx.com
D/WebProtection.UrlList( 6841): Exist, List Miss
D/WebProtection.RemoteQuery( 6841): doQuery(http://mobile.xxxx.com/)

app_64    6841  119   483144 53004 ffffffff 400a23c0 S
com.symantec.familysafety