Yes you can do this, but it's not super easy at this time.

You can cause mobile data to come up but not get the default route
(ConnectivityManager.startUsingNetworkFeature(TYPE_HIPRI)).
You have to renew that periodically (every 30s I think) as we don't want it
up longer than needed or forgotten.
You then need to add a route to the machine you want to access via mobile
data (ConnectivityManager.requestRouteToHost(TYPE_HIPRI, ipaddr)).
Then you do your stuff to that ipaddr.
stopUsingNetworkFeature when you're done.