> It seems i implemented the OnClickListener correctly, my phone makes a
> sound when i click the button

Just because you get a sound when you press the button doesn't mean that
you implemented your OnClickListener correctly.

> Intent i = new Intent(this, dagensbilde.class); *there is an error
> here: The constructor Intent(new View.OnClickListener(){},
> Class<dagensbilde>) is undefined

Your intent declaration should be as follows:
Intent i = new Intent(BrowserActivity.this, dagensbilde.class);

Thanks,
Justin Anderson
MagouyaWare Developer
http://sites.google.com/site/magouyaware

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Lars <lars.breum...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems i implemented the OnClickListener correctly, my phone makes a
> sound when i click the button, but does'nt open the next activity. My code
> is below, but i don't know what the error means.
>
> btw i bought a book a couple a months ago; Hello android, third edition.
> It got me started but it seems to be no good at debugging. Especially
> becuase i wrote exactly what it told me(with the exeptions of the buttons
> names etc.).
>
> Thank you very much :)
>
> public class BrowserActivity extends Activity {
>     protected void onCreate(Bundle icicle) {
>         super.onCreate(icicle);
>
>         setContentView(R.layout.main);
>
>         final Button dagens_button = (Button)
> findViewById(R.id.dagens_button);
>         dagens_button.setOnClickListener(new View.OnClickListener() {
>             public void onClick(View v) {
>             switch (v.getId()){
>             case R.id.dagens_button:
>             Intent i = new Intent(this, dagensbilde.class); *there is an
> error here: The constructor Intent(new View.OnClickListener(){},
> Class<dagensbilde>) is undefined
>             startActivity(i);
>             break;
>             }
>                 // Perform action on click
>             }
>         });
>     }{;
> }}
>
> Den onsdag den 13. juni 2012 20.45.49 UTC+2 skrev Chris Ruskai:
>
>> If that's your entire Activity, I don't see an onCreate function or
>> anything that calls setContentView to tell the app which xml file to use
>> for the activity's layout.
>>
>> For example:
>>
>> @Override
>>  public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
>>         super.onCreate(**savedInstanceState);
>>         setContentView(R.layout.main);
>> }
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Lars <lars.breum...@gmail.com> wrote: