So I'm trying to read some fairly large files on the phone in order to
create pretty path overlays on a map and I'm running into an odd issue
that probably has a simple solution.

The file I'm trying to parse through is 1.4M of straight text, and I
get an OOMException when it's around 80% through the file from the
Scanner increasing its internal buffer and eating away from the meager
VM resources.  I'm dealing with very small tokens (I'm not trying to
create a giant String out of the whole thing), so it seems to be
something internal to the Scanner, which basically implies I probably
can't use Scanner for what I need to do.

Question is, does this mean I have to implement my own IO through
fixed-length buffers and older Java methods?  Or is there a way I can
keep the ease of Scanner and simply control how it uses memory?  Or,
and this would be unfortunate, am I just kinda hosed?