On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 5:16 AM, Kaiduan Xie <kaidu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Where is the implementation of HttpsURLConnection?
>
> From javax\net\ssl\HttpsURLConnection.java, it is an abstract class.
>
> public abstract class HttpsURLConnection extends HttpURLConnection {
>
> I would like to dig into the implementation to see how it adds SNI support.
>
> For non-HTTPS connection I mean the usage of SSL connection is not HTTP.
>
> I really hope there is some corresponding openSSL API in JAVA to setup
> SNI value.
>
> In openssl, the API is SSL_set_tlsext_host_name(SSL* ssl, char* name).

There is an setHostname() method in OpenSSLSocketImpl that if called
causes NativeCrypto.SSL_set_tlsext_host_name() to be called. That in
turn calls SSL_set_tlsext_host_name(). This is not available via the SDK
AFAIK, but you could probably try to cast the socket instance and try to
use the setHostname() method.