Hi, you should take a look at
WifiManager.getConfiguredNetworks()<http://developer.android.com/reference/android/net/wifi/WifiManager.html#getConfiguredNetworks%28%29>and

WifiManager.getConnectionInfo()<http://developer.android.com/reference/android/net/wifi/WifiManager.html#getConnectionInfo%28%29>for
 getting the assigned WLAN IP address the clean way.

Other than that netcfg is just a program available on the phone. There is
no direct connection to adb which runs on your development PC. Out of
curiosity I tried running that command on my Samsung Galaxy S with success.
You can try following source code:

        try {