I have same issue when I try to connect to my own Bluetooth (SPP) device
with modified Bluetooth Chat app using insecure connection mode on a
GT-P3113, that is with Android 4.0.3, a "Bluetooth pairing request" window
popup after select the paired device while with Android 3.2 it doesn't.
But when I use the same modified Bluetooth Chat app (on the same GT-P3113)
to connect another Android tablet running Bluetooth Chat app, there is no
pairing request.
Is it possible Android tablet automatically switch to secure mode and skip
the "unnecessary" pairing?

Thanks