Hello,

I'm working with video in my current android development. I have a
VideoView, and have implemented custom controls for it (a fullscreen toggle
button and a play/pause button). The VideoView plays a rtsp live stream.

My question is related to the play/pause functionality. When the video is
playing and this button is pressed, I call myVideoView.pause().
This is working ok in most devices, but in a couple of phones (motorola
defy with android 2.1 and another with android 2.2) the VideoView  is not
paused after calling pause() and in the logs I can see:

"pause denied"

this log is generated by a component/library called playerdriver.cpp

Can anyone explain why I might be getting this?
Could it be related to the stream source? Or can it be related to the
mediaplayer implementation on some particular phones?

As I said before, this is happening on a motorola defy and it does not
happen on a HTC wildfire (these are the devices I am able to test on
currently).

Any comment or idea is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Maria