If these are your own files, please put them in your app-specific directory:

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/content/Context.html#getExternalFilesDir(java.lang.String)

The public Pictures etc directories are where the user manages their files.
 Applications should not be spewing stuff in there unless these are things
they want the user to see such as when transferring their pictures to/from
the desktop.

As the doc at
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/os/Environment.html#getExternalStoragePublicDirectory(java.lang.String)
says:

"This is where the user will typically place and manage their own files, so
you should be careful about what you put here to ensure you don't erase
their files or get in the way of their own organization."

Also keep in mind that anything you put in external storage is going to be
readable by all other applications, so you should never put anything with
sensitive information there.