No, I have seen developers with apps that have even fewer downloads than my
apps, that have Top Developer. It seems completely arbitrary.

Also, I've been a dev since April of 2009. So over 3 years. And my paid app
has over 62000 downloads currently with a 4.5 rating. And I'm still not a
"Top Developer". Personally I think that is bull....

-niko