As per the current UI guidelines, a notification should either go to a
complete activity back stack (entirely replacing whatever your current task
is), or it should launch an activity that is entirely separate from your
main activity's task.

For the former, you can use things like
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/support/v4/app/TaskStackBuilder.html

For the latter, you can set your android:taskAffinity="" for that activity
in your manifest so that it is not considered to be part of the main task
of the app.

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Brett <bnotting...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm having nothing but trouble with something that seems pretty basic.
>
> So I have a notification set up so that it launches to my main activity
> with SINGLE_TOP and CLEAR_TOP.  All this works well and I act accordingly
> to the notification.  But what happens is that in the recent app list (if
> you hold down home or on ICS click on task switcher) that intent is now
> the notification intent instead of the typical bring to front your whole
> activity.  For instance, if I launch a new activity from my main task, then
> click home, then go to the recent app list and click it, I get the clear
> top again with my original notification extras.
>
> I've tried every combination of things I can think of to try and get this
> to work with no solution in sight.  No matter what I do, whatever my
> notification parameters and extras are, they are maintained in the recent
> applications.
>
> How can I send a notification intent to my app without it hijacking the
> recent application list?  Btw, if I do the FLAG_ACTIVITY_NO_HISTORY, then
> nothing is in the recent applications.
>
> Any thoughts?

Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer