Hi All,

   Everyone knows that if we try to play RTSP video streams in emulator, we
will get a result "*Sorry, this video cannot be played*"

   What is the in-depth reason that it is not able to play. And i found in
some threads that it could be because of the following reasons:

*1) The media framework does support RTSP with RTP payloads. The
OpenCore code includes an RTSP/RTP client built on sockets that will
handle buffering and transport controls.*

       Now a days the android is using *Stagefright *framework. Even this
one also has the same limitation like OpenCore as it is mentioned
above????????

*2) It does not work in the emulator environment due to some
firewall issues in the emulator network layer. *
*
*
*       *Is the above statement true?????????????

* 3) It has some decoding and Rendering issues in emulator*
*  *
*      ** *Is the above statement true?????????????

The above statements are not convincing one. It would be grateful if i get
the in-depth reasons.

Can anyone of you guys tell me the exact reason why android emulator is not
capable of playing streaming videos especially via RTSP?

Thanks in advance...

-Madhu

*      *