Ok, im feeling really stupid right now, for some reason i cannot figure out
how to create just a signal application that when the user clicks the icon
from the home screen, it opens a different application. For instance, you
click on my app and it takes you to your email icon, or settings or
something along those lines.

Here is some code i got so far, but its not doing anything when i open the
application, just showing blank white screen with the label of my
application.

JAVA File

package com.xxx.xxx.xxx;

import android.app.Activity;
import android.content.Intent;
import android.content.pm.
PackageManager;

public class MainActivity extends Activity {

    public void  LaunchComponent (String packageName, String name){
    Intent task = new
            Intent(Intent.ACTION_MAIN);
    PackageManager manager =
            getPackageManager ();
    task = manager.getLaunchIntentForPackage("com.xxx.xxx.xxx");
    task.addCategory(Intent.CATEGORY_HOME);
    startActivity(task);

    }
}

i do NOT have a layout file, i didnt think i would need one, since i am not
creating a UI at all.
Any recommendations would help alot, i've tried a few links, and i just
cannot get something to compile right.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2780102/open-another-application-from-your-own-intent