Hi Romain,

yes, I know that I should never rely on this. On the other hand there isn't
really an alternative to the mentioned method and implementing the same
behavior on top of the existing WebView would be a night mare -- if not
impossible. Further on it was also used by some of the standard apps like
the web browser.

If there is no other way I will need to put the WebView inside a
ScrollView, but -- at least in the past -- this brought a bad user
experience as it wasn't possible to scroll diagonal as the ScrollView
captured the vertical scroll events and the WebView the horizontal ones.
Really bad :-(

Best regards

  Sven