SQL statements are set based.  By this I mean that unless you order the
data in the query SQL does not have to return the data in the same order
each time to make the same call.

If I assume that you have an ID column which you can order on the the
following will work (when you remove any typos I make):

DELETE FROM my-table WHERE my-table.id IN (SELECT id FROM my-table ORDER BY
id LIMIT 5)