It is possible to make it work on a given system image for a given device model.

However, that is not supported, which means that neither the Android
team nor the device manufacturer offer any assistance in making it
work and debugging it, and that if/when your code doesn't work on a
different system image or on a different device you're on your own
(and you need to assume that it *will* break).

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Android Engineer, Google.