If it does work on some device, that's really bad, and I'd wager that
you're probably just plain wrong...

The OS does *not* have access to the in call audio stream., this is
something that's handled by underlying hardware, it has *nothing* to
do with Linux, the only way you interface with the call is through the
RIL, which is simply a modem interface protocool.

People seem to be confused, and think that somehow because Android
typically runs on phones, that it actually facilitates the call, it
does *not*.

kris