Hi

I am trying to get adb to see my Android G1 Dev Phone when I attach it
to a Fedora 10
x86 Linux PC. I have followed recommendations about adding a 50-
android.rules file
in /etc/udev/rules.d directory. I have also enabled the applications
debug mode under
the G1's Settings/Applications menu.

On the Fedora 10 x86 PC I run

tail -f /var/log/messages

and watch the output as I attach the G1 via USB. The G1 is set up as a
SCSI mass storage
by udev. Is this what should happen ? Can anyone from Google answer
what kind of device should udev  set up so that the command  adb
devices actually sees the G1 ?
What kind of device does adb expect to talk to over USB ?

Thanks
Graeme

PS I have had similar experiences/frustrations trying this out with
Ubuntu 8.10.