Hi,

I'm investigating a bug that I've so far only reproduced on a Samsung i5500
running Android 2.2.

I'm first creating a bitmap using ALPHA_8 config, like so:

Bitmap textBmp = Bitmap.createBitmap(textureW, textureH, Bitmap.Config.
ALPHA_8);

Then I want to make an immutable copy of a subregion, so I use:

Bitmap textureBmp = Bitmap.createBitmap(textBmp, 0, 0, subW, subH);

I expect it to return an ALPHA_8 bitmap, and it also does this on my ICS
devices, but on the above phone it suddenly is ARGB_8888 !

Is this a known problem? Anything I can do, except creating my bitmap
manually and make a canvas and do a blit?

Cheers,

Olof