On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 11:42 AM, Justin Anderson <magouyaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> He has a service that he wants to run without having any interaction from
> the user whatsoever... He wants it to be completely transparent to the user,
> meaning they do not know it is running.  That doesn't sound like spyware?

Yes, unless it's attached to a program that user *does* know is
running.  (This is the case for the code I typically write.)

If the user literally doesn't know it's running, at all, then that
sounds bad, if the user doesn't need to notice it's running, then
maybe that's not as bad.. In any case, any attempt to keep an
everlasting service in the background (without a notification in the
foreground) is also bad design and will eventually be killed off by
the system anyway.

So, the OP should specify exactly why he needs it.