Hi,

I'd like to have two views within a horizontal linear layout and
programatically align them as follows.

View A should be of fixed width on the left hand side and View B should
fill the remainder of the space. I tried setting the following layout
parameters

ViewA.setLayoutParams(new LayoutParams(LayoutParams.WRAP_CONTENT,
LayoutParams.MATCH_PARENT, 0));
ViewB.setLayoutParams(new LayoutParams(LayoutParams.MATCH_PARENT,
LayoutParams.MATCH_PARENT, 1));

Whenever I set the weight of ViewA to 0, only ViewA is displayed. I
expected a value of 0 to mean that ViewA doesn't get stretched.

When I set ViewA::Weight = 4, and ViewB::Weight = 1, ViewA is a quarter of
the size of ViewB. I expected the reverse.

WRAP_CONTENT  seems to have no effect.

This seems straightforward when using the manifest file, however I am
modifying existing code that requires me to set these values
programatically. Could someone help me.

Thanks in advance.