All page content is loaded with HTTP.  Strangely, this static content does
load successfully if it is sourced in the iframe document, but not if it is
sourced in the literal HTML.  Even if there was a protocol difference, I
can't understand why that would make a difference in the internal
AppCache-fetching logic.