On Monday, 16 July 2012 22:25:49 UTC+2, Ievgenii Nazaruk wrote:

> Just curious, how did this influence your application? Do you access
> network layer from UI thread?

Yes.

I use a large external library that calls InetAddress.getHostName() as part
of its init, on LAN ip addresses only.
This call can block, up to 10s if DNS resolution fail (a lovely behaviour
of DNS resolution).

I could theorically init this library in its own thread, but it is not
really worth the trouble:
if LAN DNS resolution fails, the device has probably larger issues than my
app not responding.

All other networking calls is done in separate thread as it should.