On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 11:06:46AM -0700, JP wrote:

> Well there's two problems: One: the device does not show in $ ADB devices
> Two: There's of course no log info or anything that could help decipher
> what's going on, at least that I know of.

Just for what it's worth, when I first tried hooking up my Froyo phone
via USB, I followed the instructions that said you MUST use a USB driver.
It never worked, until I REMOVED said USB driver from the system.  Then
it worked great.  When I got my tablet, I never installed a USB driver.
It works great.  You should only install a USB driver if it doesn't
already work.  (Or, put another way, to quote an old saying that probably
pre-dates everyone on this list, "Don't fix it if it ain't broke.")  :-)

Later,
   --jim

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)            MiSTie #49997      < Running Mac OS X Lion >

   "Now what *you* need is a proper pint of porter poured in a proper
   pewter porter pot.."     --Peter Dalgaard in alt.sysadmin.recovery

Android Apps Listing at http://www.jstrack.org/barcodes.html