I have two activities: a Preload activity and the "main" activity. My
preload activity basically just spawns the "main" activity and then
exits.

My problem appears only on ZTE Skate (all other devices work fine).
When I start my application by tapping its icon, the logcat output of
my application is duplicated. Each log line appears twice, but at
different times.

I read some topics on stackoverflow that assume it's only a logcat
issue (and adb should be reset to solve it), but later, my "main"
activity dies with a "bitmap size exceeds VM_BUDGET" error. This is
probably because both activities are runnning at the same time, so
memory gets low when it loads bitmaps. The VM_BUDGET error does not
appear on any other devices, including HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy Mini
etc.

As a trial & error, I tried the FLAG_ACTIVITY_CLEAR_TOP flag for the
Intent, but no success. I haven't tried the singleTask launch mode
yet, but actually I don't think the behavior is correct anyway on ZTE
Skate. Therefore, I would like to understand why double spawning
happens.

(The other possibility is that I've two independent errors: double
logcat output anomaly, plus VM_BUDGET error. The problem is, I get no
VM_BUDGET errors on other devices at all, and e.g. HTC Desire is not a
better device than ZTE Skate so I doubt it's a memory leak or similar
issue.)