Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 14:39:12 -0700
From: andrewpmo...@gmail.com
To: android-developers@googlegroups.com
Subject: [android-developers] Re: Jelly bean swiping task away from task list
kills service

Anyone at least confirm what I'm doing looks ok - even if you don't know the
reason why. Just as a sanity check?
On Thursday, July 19, 2012 10:19:22 PM UTC+1, Andy dev wrote:I've got a service
running (an accessibility service called MainRunningService) and also use an
alarmmanager within my app. On ICS when a user pulled up the task list and
swiped the app away the service kept running, but the user interface was
cleared from the stack. On jelly bean I'm finding this to be a little
different. It seems like it kills off the service and then restarts it even if
I've got an icon in the notification bar and I've got the app set to run in the
foreground. This is killing off all my current app state and causing it to stop
working. I'm seeing this in the logs 07-19 21:47:42.213:
I/ActivityManager(307): Killing 834:com.example.android.appname/u0a72: remove
task
07-19 21:47:42.236: W/AudioService(307):   AudioFocus   audio focus client died
07-19 21:47:42.236: I/AudioService(307):  AudioFocus  abandonAudioFocus():
removing entry for
android.media.AudioManager@41a42020com.example.android.appname.service.MainRunningService$1@41963ec0
07-19 21:47:42.244: W/ActivityManager(307): Scheduling restart of crashed
service com.rageconsulting.android.appname/.service.MainRunningService in
5000ms For the persistent Icon I'm doing the following:Notification
foregroundNotification;
foregroundNotification = new Notification(R.drawable.iconx,"Example starting
notification",System.currentTimeMillis());
Intent i=new Intent(this, MainUIActivity.class);
i.setFlags(Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_CLEAR_TOP|Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_SINGLE_TOP);
foregroundNotification.flags|=Notification.FLAG_NO_CLEAR;
startForeground(9642, foregroundNotification); Is there something I'm doing
wrong? I've never had a problem in the past with this code, but it's not very
good on jelly bean.