I am developing and app and am trying to implement google maps as an
activity of one my buttons. However, whenever I run the app, it crashes.
The following code works when certain lines are commented out. Without
them, I can't see the area i wish to zoom in on. I think i've narrowed the
issue down to the MapView, but i am not sure. Please Help!

*Java code*
package com.linzayhrst.cu;

import android.app.Activity;
import android.database.Observable;
import android.os.Bundle;

import com.google.android.maps.GeoPoint;
import com.google.android.maps.MapActivity;
import com.google.android.maps.MapController;
import com.google.android.maps.MapView;
//import com.linzayhrst.cu.R;

import android.widget.TextView;

public class buttonTwo extends MapActivity{
 TextView textOut;

MapController mControl;
GeoPoint GeoP;
MapView mapV;
 @Override
protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
// TODO Auto-generated method stub
super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
setContentView(R.layout.buttonscreen2);
 mapV = (MapView) findViewById(R.id.map);
//mapV.displayZoomControls(true);
//mapV.setBuiltInZoomControls(true);
 double lat = 43.0042;
double longi = -88.2279;
 GeoP = new GeoPoint((int)(lat*1E6), (int)(longi*1E6));
 //mControl = mapV.getController();
//mControl.animateTo(GeoP);
//mControl.setZoom(18);
 }
 @Override
protected void onPause() {
// TODO Auto-generated method stub
super.onPause();
}

@Override
protected void onResume() {
// TODO Auto-generated method stub
super.onResume();
}

@Override
protected boolean isRouteDisplayed() {
// TODO Auto-generated method stub
return false;
}
}

*xml code*
*
*
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<RelativeLayout
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
  android:orientation="vertical"
  android:layout_width="match_parent"
  android:layout_height="match_parent"

   <com.google.android.maps.MapView
        xmlns:android = "http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
        android:id = "@+id/map_view"
                 android:layout_width="fill_parent"
                 android:enabled = "true"
                 android:clickable = "true"
                 android:layout_height="fill_parent"
                 android:apiKey="0_KT38YhEenC4phM3fr6pVM6sJP0x0GlZ2fiQCw"
                 />

</RelativeLayout>