> But apart from normal text+image pages, I'm planning to include simple
> animations,
> audio background and touch events along with the content.

Please do not try to reinvent the Internet of the late 1990ies. GIF
animations and background MIDI music galore popped into my mind while
reading this... :-/

> This is to provide a better reading experience to the users.

People got very distracted by that. It distracts you from reading and
doesn't improve the reading experience. Unless you are trying to pull off
something interactive for children, I think then it's ok to have.

The main problem I see here is that you'll have to invent a format /
standard / desktop software for creating that multimedia content. It's
highly unlikely that book authors are ready to adopt that. You'd need lots
of marketing and traveling around to book fairs etc. for convincing them
into doing work for a single platform (Android) and proprietary format
invented by you.

And in the end of the day you'll have to ask yourself the following
question: how is that interactive print format any different than an HTML
page with embedded multimedia contents?

 I'm planning to use Urban Airship as the backend.

As far as I know they "just" provide a unified push service for several
platforms. What do you mean with using them as a backend?