Hello, I've discovered in the latest Android tools (ADT 20) that the
toolchain no longer supports ampersands in passwords when signing
applications for release. Instead I receive the error message "Keystore was
tampered with, or password was incorrect: Password verification failed".
Yet when I go through the process using the same keystore with an earlier
version of the tools, the application is consistently signed without issue.
So my password is correct, and I merely copy and paste it anyway. And I
need the new tools for other aspects of my app, so downgrading is not an
option for me.

Since I don't believe there is a way to escape ampersands within passwords,
I have no way to sign my app. Google Play doesn't permit an existing
application to employ a new certificate, so for the moment I can't submit
new binaries to Google Play. I can only hope that this is a recognized bug
in the toolchain and not a new restriction which Google wishes to impose on
developers. So far I haven't seen an official bug report on this issue, so
I'm somewhat concerned.

Not sure what to do, but I appreciate any and all help.