Thanks for replying..

Exactly what I wanted.. Solves one scenario in my application..

Here is the other,
I intend to use a Alarm in my application, which periodically connects
to a web service to update my database.
Here no activity is involved. I intend to make it a background
service. But this class needs to access the database.
How do I do that?

Also, periodically connecting to a web service to update a database is
a bad practice?

Btw, your book is great :).. thanks..

Regards,
Immanuel