> How to position the image view with respect to screen size.Any one help on
> this?

You don't want to do that...

 In my application,i used to customize the position of image view in linear
> layout.First,i position the first image view at the centre of the screen
> and then i try to position the second image view above the first image
> view.But i couldn't do that because the second image view is positioned
> with respect to first image view.

Use a RelativeLayout...
On the first image, set android:layout_centerInParent="true"
On the second image, set android:layout_above="@id/id_of_first_image"

Thanks,
Justin Anderson
MagouyaWare Developer