Ankidroid is an app that runs on Android... It has nothing to do with the
fact that Android didn't support dp units... Later in that bug report is
this:

> Thanks again, no improvement then. I think the other link was misleading
> after all.
> I suspect the issue is the extreme screen that this handset has. Originally I
> thought
> it was a tablet, but it just has amazing resolution. The smallest dimension
> is 640,
> which means that the device switches to the layouts specified with
> layout-sw600dp which
>
> are really meant to target tablets.

If you look at the dev guide on supporting multiple screens (
http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/screens_support.html) you find
this information:

Under "Terms and Concepts" when it is talking about dp units:

*"You should always use dp units when defining your application's UI, to
> ensure proper display of your UI on screens with different densities. "*

Then below that under "Range of Screens Supported" it says this:

*"Starting with Android 1.6 (API Level 4), Android provides support for
> multiple screen sizes and densities, reflecting the many different screen
> configurations that a device may have."*

Also, the "Density Independence" section mentions nothing about versions of
Android not supporting dp units...  If there were any such caveats about dp
units not being supported they would be mentioned on this page.  And it
would be a HUGE issue with many developers.

Thanks,
Justin Anderson
MagouyaWare Developer
http://sites.google.com/site/magouyaware