Hi,

I am displaying a listview where the view used for each row includes
an ImageView and TextView, with the image displayed dependant on the
contents of the TextView. the images are at this testing phase pngs
approx 600bytes each, dimensions of max 100x35 px.

I have noticed on both a large list and scrolling all the way through
(500+ items) or a small list (~20 items) and scrolling up and down, up
and down, I eventually reach an Out Of Memory error.

How can I overcome this by possibly 'unloading' the images (or row
item views) once they are no longer in view.

I have seen the Android Market do this on ling lists, where if you
scroll back up the list, the images need to be re-downloaded.

How is this implemented? What method is used?

Thanks.