This definitely does help, but only for 1-2 times; then I have to move the
port again.  This is definitely faster than rebooting the devices, though,
so this will be my new go-to workaround.

It just feels like there's a bug somewhere in how it picks up connected
devices, or how it reads the enumeration info in the new Mac OS.  Does ADB
have a cache of devices it's seen that might not be clearing properly?