I have an app that looks fine on an HTC-G1, but is all misaligned on a tablet.
Q: What functions should I use to find screen size, so I can get rid
of the hard numbers you see below.
For example, 347 is 50% in the X direction...
Thanks for any leads!
-cellurl

public class View extends SurfaceView implements SurfaceHolder.Callback {

    class Thread extends Thread implements OnJetEventListener {}

      public Thread(SurfaceHolder surfaceHolder, Context context,
Handler handler) {}

       c = mSurfaceHolder.lockCanvas(null);
                    // synchronized (mSurfaceHolder) {
                    doDraw(c);
        }

        private void doNeedleAnimation2nd(Canvas canvas) {

            float px= 347;  //this is the center for R.drawable.needle
            float py= 33;
            canvas.translate(-110, 245);    //this is the pivot for
R.drawable.background_a
        }