I have some report of LVL check failing on some generic ICS tablets due to
bindService failing in the LVL code:

boolean bindResult = mContext.bindService(
                            new Intent(ILicensingService.class.getName()),
                            this,  // ServiceConnection.
                            Context.BIND_AUTO_CREATE);

bindResult is false for an unknown reason. The logcat doesn't report any
detail about the binding failure.

The following conditions are met:

- Google Play is installed
- user purchased the app on the tablet
- ILicensingService.class.getName() returns the correct value

It seems to happen only on noname generic ICS tablets.

If anyone has a clue or know a way to learn more on this failure, I'd be
happy to know...