I got Cupcake images from http://nullwire.com/try_out_cupcake_yourself
 followed the instructions, it worked fined in the beginning, I
realized Maps was no longer  the home screen and API Demos and Maps
were missing from applications screen too and with 1.5 I can now
access SD Card & phone storage in the settings setting and see my
sdcard image loaded, I could not before in 1.0
I can switch between 1.0 and 1.5 by changing the system.img,
userdata.img and ramdisk.img in
 tools/lib/images
 Now with the images files from 1.5 in tools/lib/images the emulator
does not launch anymore it is stuck at the screen where the green
android logo is glowing indefinitely, when I revert back to the 1.0
img files the emulator works as usual.
Can anyone direct me as to why the emulator does not work with 1.5
anymore what might be the cause and a solution if there is one. I
removed the SDK and emulator completely even eclipse
I re downloaded and reinstalled eclipse, the ADT plugin, SDK and
emulator. Emulator works well with 1.0 but still does not work when
1.5 img files are loaded.