Hello

I tried to ask this first in a Android forum for consumer with maybe only
few developers, but I didn't get a qualified answer.
My question:

I want to detach an OpenSource app from Google Play so that I won't get any
updates anymore.
Reason is, the app changed to an newer version which I don't like anymore.
I just want to keep the old version, but each time I look into Google Play,
I see that there is an update for this app, which is not only annoying but
unhandy, when I want to update several other apps in one click.

Previously, when Google Play used to be Google Market, this was not a
problem, with apps like Titanium I could detach apps from market. But since
the informations of all my installed apps are stored on google play servers
now, I have not anymore control over it.

I tried to rename the apk in /data/app/ folder, but this doesn't change
anything.

Do I need to change something in the source and then compile the app? But
what to change?
Somebody has a hint?

I am on SGS2 with OS 2.3.5 (root).

Kinds