For a lot of apps the life cycle events for activities are enough, no need
bother with whether the user is in a call or not. And isn't the audio focus
mechanism enough for most media/music apps unless you need to support API
level < 8?

If you worry about IMEI, what about Wifi MAC? And what about the phone
numbers of those you are in a call with? =)