Our business logic is in C++ and the drawing code gets its data from this
C++ code.
So I'd rather do the drawing in C++ instead of the overhead of passing all
the data to Java (and the Java code would call Android framework which
internally calls C code anyway)

With C++ for Android, my understanding is that OpenGL ES and Skia are the
two best options.
We have already written OpenGL ES prototype code (on iOS), OpenGL is is
more portable and it seems reasonable to assume that it offers better
performance than Skia.

Of course, I'm open to hearing more options on drawing with C++ (and see
Java/Canvas drawing as a last resort). Does this answer your question ?