I am currently making an activity that needs to selectively block screenshots.
I can accomplish total security (via FLAG_SECURE being applied to the window),
but I cannot achieve selective security.

Since FLAG_SECURE is set for a given window in an application, I thought it
might be possible to somehow add a new window (that is not secure) for the
elements of the activity for which I would like to allow screenshots.

I do not know how to add additional windows to an activity (say, one with
FLAG_SECURE set).

NB: I attempted to work around this by using a SurfaceView that was set above
the window (using setZOrderOnTop()) but this did not work - assuming because
the SurfaceView is still 'of' the window with the security.

I need speed in transitioning between secure and non-secure views within this
activity, so creating an additional activity is not an option (unless someone
knows how to make activity switching instantaneous!).

Thank you in advance,
Daniel